Friday, March 6, 2015

Digital Scrapbooking - Color Scheme - Secrets / Ideas

Have you ever wondered how designers of digital scrap kits come up with their color schemes? I am not sure how others come up with theirs but I'll share my secrets with you. Let me start by saying there is no right or wrong way of digital scrap booking or choosing your color scheme. But I will say this "Inspiration is the main foundation of digital scrap booking." (or at least that is the way I feel)

Some of my kits have been inspired by Pay To Use / Free To Use Paint Shop Pro Tubes, nature (pictures I have taken), or in the hardware store. Yes you read that correctly the hardware store. My secret may not be a secret to everyone but a lot of my inspiration comes from the hardware store. So you may be wondering how in the world does your inspiration from the hardware store. Well the paint section is where my inspiration comes from no I do not hoard those paint sample cards.

No I don't take pictures of those cards or the wall and no I don't take the cards and scan them into my computer. Here is what I do and I have found that this is not only greenest way to complete a color scheme but it take no space in a file, on a desk or even your hard drive. I am not sure if any of you know this but you can go to the manufacture of the paint and create a free account. Once you create your account, you can browse the paint section or go into the inspiration section to have a look around; once you find the colors you want some sites have the opition of creating a sample card that you can save to your inspiration / project section of your account.

There are days when I just go into my saved color scheme and get side tracked to the paint / inspiration section of the site. I can sit here for hours and just create color schemes to save for later use. Please remember that it may not be a secret to everyone but it is my secret. If that makes any sense at all. I hope this little post has helped inspired you in some way.

P.s:
Some links for you to explore:
Val Spar
Bejamin Moore
Behr

0 comments:

Post a Comment