Monday, March 2, 2015

Rainbow In The Cloud: The Wisdom and Spirit of Maya Angelou

 photo 22716468_zpsem7mqr7k.jpg
Summary Rainbow in the Cloud offers resonant and rewarding quotes on such topics as creativity and culture, family and community, equality and race, values and spirituality, parenting and relationships. Perhaps most special, Maya Angelou’s only son, Guy Johnson, has contributed some of his mother’s most powerful sayings, shared directly with him and the members of their family.(Summary is from Amazon.com)

Maya Angelou shares advice, wisdom, observations and humor within the pages of this book. There are several quotes I've highlighted to share but thought only a few will be shared the rest I will save for later.
The words written upon these pages were a comfort to me. Maya Angelou gives advice on everything but her advice on self-love speaks volumes. I loved this book with every word I read I could hear Maya Angelou speaking the words. This book was inspiring, hit home and I was sad to see the book come to an end. I was inspired by this quote: "Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome Good!"
Another quote from this book that I hold dear to my heart and soul is this: "One should never let the love of one's child prevent or hinder the vital and necessary work of parenting.
If these quotes have touched you in anyway please go to your local library to check the book out or purchase the book from Amazon or your local book store. I would love to hear your thoughts, comments or quotes that have touched you so please leave a comment below if you have read this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment